Toothaches can present themselves at any time, so it is important to always look for the signs and symptoms if they should arise. If you are suffering from a toothache, it means that an abscessed tooth has caused an infection in your mouth. Typically, toothaches are caused by tooth decay, periodontal disease, and cracked teeth. Look for the following signs and symptoms to determine if a toothache is present:
– Several symptoms of toothaches include high fevers, chills, and facial rashes that cannot be easily explained.
– When the last of your wisdom teeth grow in as a teen, they may result in an increase in pain when erupting and can cause inflation, often leading to toothaches.
– If severe pain lingers on for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled, a toothache may be to blame.
– Pain that is present even after using over-the-counter medications may be a sign of a toothache.
– Look for indications of a toothache, including noticeable discharge around a tooth.
– If you suffer from an oral health ailment such as a TMJ disorder, the likelihood of a toothache arising is greatly enhanced.
– Oral accidents and injuries can contribute to an individual’s risk for toothaches.
If you require further treatment for toothaches, Dr. Sanaz Khoubnazar and our team at Smiles Santa Monica will help you with your oral health care. If you would like to book an appointment with our dentist office in Santa Monica, California, please call us at 310-829-0808.